You can use Find to search something such as a number or text in your workbook. This feature is useful to quickly search specific number or text when you are checking data in large spreadsheet
How to use Find in Excel
Following this steps
1. at Home tab => go to Editing Group => then click Find & Select => click Find…
2. Find and Replace dialog will show up.
3. type text that you want to find in Find what box then click Find Next button. Excel will select the first cell that matches you text.
Or click dropdown in Find what for select recent search from list.
4. click Find All button for show all cells that matches you text.
Search in selected rows or columns only
Select rows or columns you want to search then click Find Next button.
Use wildcard characters ? and *
You can use wildcard characters for search such as ? and *
? (question mark) matches exactly one character.
* (asterisk) matches zero or more characters.
Search with All?n
Search with H??ry
Search with Fr*
More option for you customize your search.
Within: select data for search within a Sheet or a Workbook.
Search: choose By Rows or By Columns.
Look in: specific details of your search Look in Formulas, Values, Notes or Comments.
Match case: check this for search with case-sensitive.
Match entire cell contents: Check this for search cells that contain just the text that in the Find what.